Author Topic: What we know  (Read 10053 times)

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
Re: What we know
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2014, 05:07:55 PM »
haHA!

So they call it the New World after all?
Good to know.
Gotta change that in the Graphic then if you are to be trusted. ;D

WWKnight is definitely to be trusted.  While I don't know if he is technically employed by Lightmare, he writes most of the official lore.
I didn't know that Talich and Reish had no contact whatsoever though, I thought the Flamedawn traitor was testimony to the fact that they did, though perhaps indirectly.
The way you describe it though seems to link all Worlds to the Old World/New World, while not linking them directly to each other, which is interesting as well.
It would basically mean that the Old/New World becomes a Gateway that is linked inbetween Worlds, thus the main battleground of the Infinity Wars,
and implies that the Calamity only weakened the Walls between the New/Old World and other Universes,
not between Universes other than the New/Old World.

I believe Pras doesn't fit into the lore yet, and neither does the Defiant Hermit.  If I remember correctly, then the only world everyone had contact with was Avarrach, not the New/Old World.  I haven't seen any evidence that The New/Old World has interacted with Riesch outside Defiant Hermit, which hasn't been officially recognized in the lore as of now.

You're right about the locations, by the way.  They do support my point better than my evidence.  Also, the Beast of Burden, One of Many, and One of Many Exhumed support this point.  (I believe the One of Many-type creature on Talich was wiped out long ago.)  However, you may be right that the Calamity may not have been the event that caused the one original world to split.  In WWKnight's Introduction to the factions of Infinity Wars Part 2, he said, "The world of Avarrach was unique, in that humanity was not wiped out by it’s version of the Calamity."  This implies that there were multiple "versions" of the Calamity.  However, that could mean that Avarrach was the original world, and the other worlds broke off from it, with most of the people not affected.  I also still believe that there was a split at some point, resulting in Aleta, the One of Many-type creatures, and the locations.  I just no longer think the Calamity was necessarily what split them up.

Rankelthorn

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2014, 11:22:11 AM »
That point about Avarrach being Unique in that its Humans were not wiped out is a strange one though.
So far as I can see it the Old World is unique because its humans WERE wiped out,
on all other Worlds there are Humans (on Avarrach they are dead too, but dead in a different way).

The One Of Manies are as the name implies no individuals, so they support no theory one way or the other,
the locations and Aleta do, because they are individuals that exist in all/most-of the Universes we have seen. (Still not sure about that Shrine deal)

The use of the world 'Version' is strange as well,
since I always assumed that there was only one,
which affected the entire Multiverse.

Calling the particular effect the Calamity had on a particular Universe a 'Version' is plausible though.

I am still interested in whether or not the G.I.'s contact with Avarrach went through the New World or not.
There is no indication in the cards as far as i know.
If it went from the New World to Avarrach it would support the idea that the New World is the center of the effects that the Calamity had,
with the Rifts stretching out to other worlds from there.
If I remember the Campaign correctly, even the Sleepers had to go through the Old World to reach Reish.

I am going to update the Graphic again asap with what I have learned.^^

Oh and can you do me a favor and link to WWKnight's stuff?

And is there a Feature in the Forum to make the quotations into dropdownmenues in my Original Post?
At the Moment I am trying to make it more easily readable.

And do you call it Reish or Riesh? I have seen both, the last time i checked Reish came from the more reputable source.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 11:36:44 AM by Rankelthorn »

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 12:08:33 PM »
http://dtcgsanctum.com/infinity-wars/  Scroll down to lore section

SPOILERS BELOW FOR A SHORT STORY I WROTE FOR LIGHTMARE

« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:10:47 PM by WWKnight »
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2014, 12:16:38 PM »
Well, I was going to mention that Alteta, Immortal Tinkerer/Searcher had to go through the New World (Warpath) to get to Avarrach, but WWKnight already took care of that. Still, Aleta, Immortal Sorceress also opened up a portal to Avarrach (from what I gathered in the Sleeper's campaign storyline), where she had her minions, I mean followers, study them. That means they did not go through the New World to have access to Avarrach which may point more to the fact that Avarrach is the center rather than the New World.

On an Aside, the New World is also without humans aside from Aleta and Agent Coyle. Agent Coyle being there for his own purposes, whatever they were.

This is all just my understanding of the Lore thus far and may not be entirely accurate.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2014, 12:36:43 PM »
I'm still recovering from your math attack earlier!

To get from riesch to talich, one would have to go through Averrach, then to new world, then to talich. New world and Averrach are the connecting realms,not by any intelligent design, just random chance.

Aleta cannot open inter-reality portals. It's different to opening portals to heaven or hell. That one opened by chance in the middle of Veroria.

Feel privileged.

Rankelthorn

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2014, 12:56:28 PM »
Ok, so Reish is connected to Avarrach, which is also connected to the New World, which is also connected to Talich

So kind of like a string.

Reish <-Rift-> Avarrach <-Rift-> Old/New World <-Rift-> Talich

Then it makes sense that there has not been much contact between Reish and Talich.

Have to make Avarrach and the New World swap places then in my Graphic.

@DrayGon777: I was talking about the New World earlier when I said Old World, it is my understanding at the moment that those two worlds can be used synonimously,
i say New World when I am talking about its interactions with G.I. mostly.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 12:59:27 PM by Rankelthorn »

Rankelthorn

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2014, 04:32:19 PM »
Ok, got that stuff updated now.

Finally figured out that Coyle Stuff,
with the help of Infinity Cast Episode 7.

I am glad my theory on Time Travel came into play,
even though I did not imagine it like this.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »
No-one did. Only Coyle.

Feel privileged.

Offline Benionin

• Let's talk about this
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2014, 09:35:24 PM »
The only problem with Reisch and Talich not having a portal between the two/not interacting is that in the Flame Dawn campaign you come across "Warriors of Jade", as they are described. They also call the Sleepers "Class A1.07 creepies," which is hilarious.
Turns out that they were in the New/Old World at the time, but that would mean that the DoD had crossed from Reisch into Avarrach into the New World and then started following the FD around. If you ask me that's some insane defensive scouting mission. And the Warpath campaign pits you against the Verore. If Avarrach is such a death world/omnicidal threat, going on transdimensional conquests passing through it seems like a bad idea.
Moreover, the DoD campaign pits you up against the "Armies of Red"--and this is on Reisch.
So are the rifts between the worlds like daisy chains or is it more chaotic, as the campaign implies? Maybe it started as a daisy chain, but the widening of the rifts could explain all of the other random interactions. Now portals are opening up between anywhere and everywhere, or something crazy like that.
Resident LoreNinja, Tavern-Ninja
Gao Han or Gao Home!
Into the Fray, a novel of Infinity Wars
Weekly Storywriting Stream

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2014, 12:32:13 AM »
While I do believe the rifts are relatively chaotic, I also believe the campaign is inaccurate, and it doesn't really fit in to the lore.  There is a rework of the campaign in the works, and it will completely fit in with the lore, as far as I know.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2014, 01:34:48 AM »
At the time the campaigns were made, there was no lore.

Robbie didnt want players fighting the same faction over and over and over.

I have done new campaigns that makes sure you fight only factions you are meant to fight, as well as (hopefully if they can get it right) give you a glimpse at some of the characters.

I ask you be lenient on my story telling in campaign.  Its hard to tell a whole factions story in 8 paragraphs on a campaign screen and a few lines of text inside the game.

Feel privileged.

Rankelthorn

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2014, 09:33:35 AM »
The same prolem arises with the continuity Elphie Coyle established about Agent Coyle,
the Original Agent Coyle passed from Warpath through Avarrach to Reish.

Coyle is however pretty much the only one who might be capable of that without an Army,
aside from Aleta evidently.

Offline bowtastic

• Walk into the club like what up I got a big deck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2014, 09:42:40 AM »
It has been specified in another thread that Coyle can travel between worlds. What I understood from that is that he can transverse to other worlds without rifts (or create and close his own) so the original Coyle, if my understanding of the subject is correct, never set foot on Avarrach.
I say we build a statue to our great dwarf overlord. He will guide us in our quest to diggy diggy hole.

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2014, 02:26:12 PM »
It has been specified in another thread that Coyle can travel between worlds. What I understood from that is that he can transverse to other worlds without rifts (or create and close his own) so the original Coyle, if my understanding of the subject is correct, never set foot on Avarrach.

Why do you say that?  If he had never been to Avarrach, then how could Agent Coyle, Zomborg exist?  The only option I see would be saying he's outside the lore, like Pras, but I don't think that's likely.

Offline bowtastic

• Walk into the club like what up I got a big deck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2014, 03:13:32 PM »
I'm talking about the original Coyle. If you look at the image in the beggining of the thread you'll see that Zomborg is Alpha Coyle, not original Coyle so it's very possible that original Coyle was never in Avarrach.
I say we build a statue to our great dwarf overlord. He will guide us in our quest to diggy diggy hole.