Author Topic: What we know  (Read 10198 times)

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
Re: What we know
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 06:48:25 AM »
There is an actual timeline... Don't know where it is, but it exists.

I could flat out answer a lot of questions, but as teremus said, this is fun to observe, and I feel answers would be a killjoy.

So I won't, unless specifically asked.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline jgsnowbaorder

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2014, 11:17:31 PM »
Hey WWK can i have the timeline? and is any of this correct?
Now, now, let's all calm down. No-one knows what they're talking about anyway ;)

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 12:43:04 AM »
The Old World was definitely split up during the Calamity, giving rise to the current worlds of Talich, Avarrach, Reish, and the New World.  My proof for this is Aleta.  There is an Aleta in each world so far (except for maybe where the Exiles come from, but I've heard rumors that there's going to be an Exile Aleta) which means those four worlds, at least, split off one world, which contained the original Aleta.  If there was a multiverse before, no part of it has been found or contacted by any of the current factions, as far as I know.

Offline Qfasa

• View Profile
    • русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 02:40:54 AM »
The Old World was definitely split up during the Calamity, giving rise to the current worlds of Talich, Avarrach, Reish, and the New World.  My proof for this is Aleta.  There is an Aleta in each world so far (except for maybe where the Exiles come from, but I've heard rumors that there's going to be an Exile Aleta) which means those four worlds, at least, split off one world, which contained the original Aleta.  If there was a multiverse before, no part of it has been found or contacted by any of the current factions, as far as I know.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the Exiles part of the Reisch? Well, most of them, since they're basically people who have mutated because of emanation from the portals to Hell? Or there will be another Aleta, in the Hell, where true demons live? Well, that will be something I didn't expect.
www.TCGO.ru – русскоязычный сайт об Infinity Wars и других цифровых ККИ (Russian site about Infinity Wars and other digital TCGs).

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 07:11:52 AM »
Hell and heaven have no aleta.

THere will be an exiles aleta if I have my way... but doesnt mean she has to come from somewhere new...

Feel privileged.

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 11:27:23 AM »
What I was thinking based on the lore I've read was that Verore opened a rift to the Exiles world and summoned them.  They might be from the "hell" dimension, I don't know.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 12:32:09 PM »
SHe opened portals to hell and left them open.  IT corrupted the land and people around it. The result is the exiles.

Feel privileged.

Rankelthorn

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2014, 02:35:07 PM »
It is important to note that the Exiles are not only Demons, but also a LOT of humans who have been drawn to them by a lust for Power or such.

@ DefenestradedCrow:
I am not arguing the fact that either the Universe has been split up into a Multiverse (with Rifts forming), or that the Multiverse, which existed as it is now before the Calamity, has been riddled with holes (Rifts), that link different Universes.
I tend to lean in the direction of the second possibility, which seems to be supported by Aleta, the Immortal Caretaker having lost her memories/mind to the Calamity,
and the Old World having been destroyed by it, in contrast to the other Worlds, which thrive so far, although in Reish an Aleta is trying to recreate a Calamity, and in Avarrach an Aleta has been involved in the destruction of Humanity, however they seem to not have been touched by the Calamity.
If a Universe split up into a Multiverse, it would be reasonable to assume that either all Universes bear Scars of the Calamity, or that they all seem untouched, this is not the case.
I fail to follow your reasoning on the bit about the New World/Old World thing.

There seems to be only one Aleta in any Universe, if there will be an Exile Aleta in the future it will most probably be the Aleta that is currently leading the Cult of Verore.
Since the Cult is predominantly lead by her, I would think that we might see the first Faction vanishing if that happens.

If any of you can explain to me what the deal is with Coyle, Alpha One. I have no idea.
Does he come from a World other than Talich, Reish, Avarrach or the Old World?
Why does he have the Abilities of the other Coyles?
Whose side is he on and whom does he fight?

Also, what do you guys think about the Heaven- and Hellrealm?
Is there one for every Universe, or is there one, in the entire Multiverse?
Shikana seems to point to the latter, as I explained, I am not sure though.
Also I am not sure whether or not they were affected by the Calamity,
there is no Evidence one way or the other as far as i know,
thats why I took that out of the Graphic.

I would love a movement in the Multiverse that has made it its goal to capture all the Aletas to protect the Multiverse from further destruction. A religion of sorts.
People would first have to get the Information that Aleta is a Worldwrecker.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 03:22:50 PM by Rankelthorn »

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 03:17:36 PM »
World wrecker, or world creator?

Feel privileged.

Rankelthorn

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2014, 03:20:37 PM »
If you assume that the Worlds aside from the Old World did not exist before the Calamity, the Original Aleta who supposedly caused the Calamity would be a Wolrd Creator,
though the Evidence does not seem to point in that Direction, as I explained above.
The Aletas on Reish and Avarrach though seem to lack any merit in the World Creator Category :D.
(except if you like Worlds without (human) life).

Edit: Though I would also strongly support a religious movement which worships Aleta as a Messiah
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 03:23:32 PM by Rankelthorn »

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2014, 03:24:38 PM »
Yes, but its all a matter of perspective from this "religion" is it not?

Assuming they know anything about other worlds (which, in time will be quite common knowledge, with holes in reality tearing open constantly), how do they know which world is "real"?  And they need to know that the calamity actually existed? Do we know how long ago the calamity happened? For arguments sake, lets say 2000 years.  Can we, in the real world know what happened 2000 years with certainty?

Simply put, with infinite number of worlds, the chance of finding the "real" one is 0%. Any number divided against infinity is 0. SO that means assuming this religion a) knows about the calamity and b) knows about aleta being in all realities, the most logical assumption would not be "she destroyed our worlds" but "she created them".

No?

Feel privileged.

Rankelthorn

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2014, 03:41:46 PM »
If the Multiverse was not a Multiverse before the Calamity I agree completely.
Though I still think that there is evidence that points to the Old World being the one where the Calamity came to be.

If it was a Multiverse before the Calamity, then there is no one real world, since they are all real.

The only reason I put the Old World on top of all the other Worlds in my chart,
is that I have reason to believe it is the one where the Calamity originated,
which opened up the Rifts that began the Infinity Wars.

As I said, I would strongly support such movements in general forming in the Metaplot.
I think it would make sense for the G.I. to form an elite squad to capture Aleta, the Immortal Sorceress,
after they find out about the nature of the Multiverse through Aleta, the Immortal Searcher,
and after they find out about the plans of Aleta, the Immortal Sorceress to create another Calamity.

It would also make sense for Cults forming around finding the one real world,
regardless of whether or not there is one.

Offline DefenestratedCow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »
My reasoning for saying that there was only one world before is Aleta.  I thought I explained it clearly.

Since there is an Aleta on every planet, there must be some reason for that.  It doesn't make sense that without some event like the Calamity, there would  be multiple versions of Aleta.  If this were true pre-Calamity, then there would be copies of other people, too.  However, the real teller for me is that they all have the same name.  If they were born separately, it would be a huge coincidence to have them all be named the same thing.  However, if they were all born as one person, in the Old World, that would make perfect sense.  The reason they don't remember it is that their memories were fragmented, each Aleta getting parts of memories that don't really make sense.  My personal theory, which I doubt is true but is possible, is that in the Old World, Aleta performed some sort of ritual to become immortal.  (We know she has at least one power-hungry aspect, so it's possible).  While it was successful, it caused the Calamity, splitting herself and the world up into pieces.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
Well, dont forget, GI have no idea Aleta Sorceress exists.  They have never had any interactions at all with Riesch.

The only world GI and FD know of beyond Talich is the Old World, which they call the New World, and then they learn of Avarrach when the sleepers appear.

They still dont know Riesch, and Verore and DoD and Exiles, exists.

Also, i've mentioned a few times, at the end of Infestation, Vasir took Aleta Sorceress as he escaped Veroria, so even if they did know she existed, finding her would be quite difficult :)

Feel privileged.

Rankelthorn

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2014, 04:41:57 PM »
haHA!

So they call it the New World after all?
Good to know.
Gotta change that in the Graphic then if you are to be trusted. ;D
Orion seems to be in quite the conquering mood then if that is true.
His Island on Talich does not seem to be enough for the guy.

I had just thought about whether or not Vasir will be permanently unchained after Infestation,
that's why I put him up as cards of interest after all, seems I was on the right track. :D
And that brings some credence to the brainwashed (or smart) Aleta Sorceress deciding to join the Exiles,
thus becoming the Exiles Aleta.
Maybe Vasir did us a Favor, maybe she stops wanting to cause a Calamity now. One down, Infinity minus one to go.

I didn't know that Talich and Reish had no contact whatsoever though, I thought the Flamedawn traitor was testimony to the fact that they did, though perhaps indirectly.
The way you describe it though seems to link all Worlds to the Old World/New World, while not linking them directly to each other, which is interesting as well.
It would basically mean that the Old/New World becomes a Gateway that is linked inbetween Worlds, thus the main battleground of the Infinity Wars,
and implies that the Calamity only weakened the Walls between the New/Old World and other Universes,
not between Universes other than the New/Old World.
The scene depicted on Aleta's Search would have taken place on the New/Old World then too.

I may redesign the Graphic as a Circle, with the Old/New World as the Center, with lines drawn out from it to the other Worlds,
if I was certain you were not just misleading me, or that I am not reading too much into your post.  :D

@DefenestratedCow:

I try not to make assumptions.
There is no evidence that I am aware of that any Aleta aside from Caretaker has an impaired Memory.
If you want speculation from my side: I propose the notion that the Rifts formed first to the Paralell Universes that were the most similar to the Old World.
Other factors may apply though.

Also since Aleta is Immortal she might have existed since the beginning of the Universe, conventional Wisdom does not apply to her until we know more about her nature.
The Locations (Ruins, Necropolis, Lanstead, (Shrine)) are way better evidence for your argument.

I am not saying that you are wrong mind you.
The Evidence you present is just not stellar enough to dismiss the evidence on the other side.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 04:49:48 PM by Rankelthorn »