Author Topic: Very satisfying  (Read 4563 times)

Offline Kira

• View Profile
Very satisfying
« on: October 26, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
Just earned my first grand master arena key and I have to say it felt amazing.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:18:40 PM by Kira »
Scooby stop trolling Kira in the forums.  If you have a problem with how he converses with other people take it up with him in a PM.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
Re: Very satisfying
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »
Good job! I've not made it past 6 yet.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline Kira

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 03:09:02 AM »
I suggest going for priest. I got lucky and drafted a strong early game deck with 2 holy nova and 4 mind control. Mind control is very OP, just watch out for is spell bender and counter spell from mage.

After that run I drafted another priest with 0 mind control and 0 nova, go figure.
Scooby stop trolling Kira in the forums.  If you have a problem with how he converses with other people take it up with him in a PM.

Offline Zholat

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 04:26:32 AM »
Are you actually questioning the randomness of their Draft Mode? :P It's pretty much RNG-City, but that's just my Opinion. It's the Reason I stopped playing this Game, but to each his own. :)
Anyway, gz and Stuff.

Offline robbiesla

• "Player Experience Designer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 10:52:08 PM »
So i decided to give it a go using your mentality and drafted 5 mind controls and a Ysera... maintenance happened mid way through the arena but it's looking promising :p

Offline Kira

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 02:06:41 AM »
I have tried every class several times and it feels like priest has the least amount of luck involved with their draft. My choice in draft is priest>mage/druid>shaman>ragequit. Everything else seems to suck, or maybe I am drafting them wrong.

Ysera is a good pick, very nice to have that card. 5 mind control seems a bit top heavy, but as long as you have the strong early game and (hopefully) 2 nova you should do very well. The most important thing is making it to late game, once you can steal cards and heal 2 every turn you just auto win.

On a side note, maintenance sucks. I think they still give BOTH players a LOSS, which just seems silly.

Offline Kira

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2014, 11:04:11 AM »
Finally grabbed that elusive 12 win key(Lightforge Key). It took around2 months of casual play. The new meta made my previous priest draft bad, so I turned to mage and druid. Took a while to find a drafting strategy that could deliver the wins, but mage eventually pulled through. Did not grab a capture of my decklist, but I only had 1 epic and no legends. My 2 loss actually came from not having any silence or poly, go figure (puffy you paladin).

Also, that rank reset is pretty lame. I did not even notice that my rank 10 was gone until I checked out my profile. What a waste of time to go for rank1 or even the golden ranks above that. There do not seem to be any rewards attached to it now either.

Now that hearthstone has been beaten (again), I might come back to IW. :) 
Pretty far behind on changes to IW though, might wait until new set is out or something. I have not even tried rift runs yet, so I am pretty excited for that when I get some time for it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 11:10:38 AM by Kira »

Offline Kindran

• May Death's cold grasp deem you worthy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2014, 05:56:55 PM »
Now that hearthstone has been beaten (again), I might come back to IW. :) 
Pretty far behind on changes to IW though, might wait until new set is out or something. I have not even tried rift runs yet, so I am pretty excited for that when I get some time for it.

The Rift Runs are a refreshing change to Infinity Wars and can help keep renewed interest when coming back to play  ;)
Death's Demise shall arise when Life's Creation nullifies.

Offline fanneyjack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 07:00:14 PM »
Great Job, fist time saw some to achieve the grand master key...