Author Topic: Could Flame Dawn form alliances after a while?  (Read 1438 times)

Offline bowtastic

• Walk into the club like what up I got a big deck.
    • View Profile
Could Flame Dawn form alliances after a while?
« on: September 25, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
Hello everyone.
I've been trying to delve deeper into IW lore, something only possible by adding a LOT of headcanons. But I've reached a conclusion in the middle of this. What if Aberion realized conquering everything wouldn't get him anywhere? What if he realized that the losses were too great to keep recklessly throwing his armies (and himself) into danger?
This would be the kind of occasion where he would start thinking that alliances would be much more profitable and a lot safer for his people. I consider Aberion someone with a noble purpose and someone who respects other people's. I also consider Aberion someone who would highly disapprove the cult of Verore (demon magics and stuff). These two factors make him a perfect ally for the Descendants, making up for what they lack in offense, bringing a much more effective way to fight the demons.
It's already canon that Genesis and Flame Dawn have an alliance to explore the Old World (world of the Warpath if I'm not mistaken) but how about we take it a step further? The Genesis would greatly benefit the Flame Dawn due to their far more superior technology and enhancement techniques, something the Flame Dawn could benefit even more due to their natural physical strength, which is higher than most Genesis sodiers when not enhanced.
From these arguments it is now a headcanon of mine that these three factions formed the Infinity Alliance to fight against the Verore and, on occasion, the Sleepers or anything else the alternate universes can throw at them.
I say we build a statue to our great dwarf overlord. He will guide us in our quest to diggy diggy hole.

Offline Adorabear

• View Profile
Re: Could Flame Dawn form alliances after a while?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 03:26:13 AM »
Flame Dawn might want to ally with DoD but I highly doubt the peace loving hippy woo woo monks of DoD would want to be allied with the violent and wasteful Flame Dawn culture and neither would they wish to be allied with the comfort loving profit seeking Genesis and their unnatural technological monstrosities.

In actual fact the DoD are more likely to ally themselves with... the sleepers! Think about it, one of the main goals of monks it long life and peaceful existence meditating. If the DoD with their strength of will could learn to be taken over by the zombie virus but still keep their mind and soul uncorrupted they would have everything they want, both immortality and peace once the sleepers had killed everyone else.
Goose got me loose!

Offline DrayGon777

• Friendly Neighborhood Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 03:30:53 AM »
Yeah, but I thought they also are fighting against the Sleepers in the campaign. Why would they then ally themselves with them? I have to admit that you're theory may seem somewhat plausible if only for the reason that they have infected monks, but I'm still not sure that they'd really go that far. I mean the sleepers only goal is to basically infect everything else so far as I can tell.
Just so you guys know, if you're ever vs WWK, just start putting out random numbers and mathematical symbols, he will surrender.

Offline WWKnight

• View Profile
    • dTCG Sanctum - One stop for all your IW needs!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 04:13:16 PM »
I could forsee the DoD aligning with the FD.  They jsut want to be left alone, and if FD could stop the decade long war with Verore, and the wandering Exiles and the newly arrived Zombots, then they'd be very appreciative.

I cant see the FD wanting to ally with DoD though, as Aberion conquers for the thrill of it, and coming against a foe that has held off the demonic excesses of both Verore and Exiles for DECADES would be a trophy just too big to pass up.
I'm a pretty big deal around here.

Feel privileged.

Offline bowtastic

• Walk into the club like what up I got a big deck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 05:27:12 PM »
Well isn't Infinity Wars all about alternate worlds? ;D
I say we build a statue to our great dwarf overlord. He will guide us in our quest to diggy diggy hole.

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 05:35:39 PM »
I could forsee the DoD aligning with the FD.  They jsut want to be left alone, and if FD could stop the decade long war with Verore, and the wandering Exiles and the newly arrived Zombots, then they'd be very appreciative.

I cant see the FD wanting to ally with DoD though, as Aberion conquers for the thrill of it, and coming against a foe that has held off the demonic excesses of both Verore and Exiles for DECADES would be a trophy just too big to pass up.

I like that view :)
I conceive that a great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.