Author Topic: Initial Monetization  (Read 6246 times)

Offline grahaminator

• View Profile
Re: Initial Monetization
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 02:52:14 PM »
The problem that many of you are ignoring is that it will always be hard for new players in card games because they don't know every card. New players will always be disadvantaged because of their lack of familiarity with the cards...a filterable in game index of all cards is sorely needed. So much of a turn can go into knowing what your opponent can possibly do with their purity and resources available and planning around that. I made an acct recently and was playing and beating people with real decks with free Verore deck (and cards from the campaign) combined with 15 conscripted militia.Its hard but doable. It was even easier when I got a single Constructor from campaign and added Defense Golems and other Genesis campaign rewards.

I agree that new players should get pushed towards merged games since those are much easier to win with little to no cards but the same goes for that. My friend that I recruited Mip (one of the best Cabals players) did very well in that mode and was even beating me sometimes while he was having to read every card card because he didn't know what they all did.

When people say Scrolls is easier for a new player they also have to consider the initial money put in. If they put in $20 and bought packs or a starter and some packs they would probably be at the same place. Maybe people should be forced to play more of the campaign to unlock more cards for them before they can queue for standard games, idk. Whoever suggested that campaign give IP above the max, they are onto a good idea. If someone wants to grind it all out in 1 to a couple of days they should be rewarded.

Offline Glognar

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 05:02:49 PM »
The thing about some of the rares/epics you get in the starter pack of each faction is that they are either relatively easy to get by trading (since they are less needed or more common than others) or simply not that needed for the faction to run (I'll take 'The Dragon Project' as an example for this case).

50$ worth of boosters is...well...about 25 boosters. That's 375 cards, you'll get some spares to trade for specific rares you didn't get, and you're more than likely to have the basics to run any faction.

You may be right though, I never did buy any starter deck (or maybe only the one).

I did some working out last night to see which is the best option

$50 (not including the bonus IP) allows you to get the collection pack plus 18 super boosters giving 308 cards (at least 20 rare, 1 epic, 1 legendary). or the Collection pack, 5 starter packs and 6 super boosters giving 343 cards (at least 18 rare, 6 epic, 1 legendary).

looking at the starter packs most of the commons/uncommons are gained from the campaign (though maybe not 3 of each).

So I'm thinking I will spend it all on super boosters and use the bonus IP to get  one or two starter packs depending on what rares+ I get and what faction I will mainly use/epics needed. Or just get another 4 or 5 super boosters

The decision now is whether to get core or rise and how many of each.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:04:37 PM by Glognar »

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2013, 01:05:27 PM »
The thing about some of the rares/epics you get in the starter pack of each faction is that they are either relatively easy to get by trading (since they are less needed or more common than others) or simply not that needed for the faction to run (I'll take 'The Dragon Project' as an example for this case).

50$ worth of boosters is...well...about 25 boosters. That's 375 cards, you'll get some spares to trade for specific rares you didn't get, and you're more than likely to have the basics to run any faction.

You may be right though, I never did buy any starter deck (or maybe only the one).

I did some working out last night to see which is the best option

$50 (not including the bonus IP) allows you to get the collection pack plus 18 super boosters giving 308 cards (at least 20 rare, 1 epic, 1 legendary). or the Collection pack, 5 starter packs and 6 super boosters giving 343 cards (at least 18 rare, 6 epic, 1 legendary).

looking at the starter packs most of the commons/uncommons are gained from the campaign (though maybe not 3 of each).

So I'm thinking I will spend it all on super boosters and use the bonus IP to get  one or two starter packs depending on what rares+ I get and what faction I will mainly use/epics needed. Or just get another 4 or 5 super boosters

The decision now is whether to get core or rise and how many of each.

Depends on what kind of deck you are trying to build. Certain factions, like FD, have a lot of necessary cards from Core whereas most of the good GI cards come from Rise with only a handful coming from Core. For most cases I would suggest a 2-1 ratio of Core-Rise.
Quote from: WWKnight
You are probably going to end up quoting me in your sig.  Everyone else already has.

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2013, 05:49:07 PM »
I would quite easily make it 50/50 Core-Rise ratio if you're not sure which faction to play.
I conceive that a great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.