Author Topic: Deck Exporter  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Mip

• View Profile
Deck Exporter
« on: August 27, 2013, 06:37:02 PM »
Hello all,

I have a nice idea to add into the game. Add a button in the DeckBuilder part, clicking this button should give you a window (in the game) where the deck is displayed as:

Commanders
1x Name of card
1x Name of card
1x Name of card

Characters
3x Name of card
2x Name of card
3x Name of card
1x Name of card
etc...

Abilities
3x Name of card
2x Name of card
3x Name of card
1x Name of card
etc...

Locations
2x Name of card

This text should be able to be selected and to be copy/pasted. It makes it a lot easier to discuss a deck you just made up with friends on forums/chat, without having to type it all again.

A more advanced option could even be also showing a code like: 1A001.1A034.1B056.3A103 and so on, indicating
1x card 1 from set 1, 1x card 34 from set 1, 1x card 56 from set 2.
Making it possible to quickly import a deck into your account by just copy/pasting such a code somewhere in deck creator. The first 3 cards would be Commanders, the rest could just be ordered by Set/card number.

Now I didn't read all suggestions yet, but I didn't see it before on the few pages that I did scroll through.

Later,
Mip

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
Re: Deck Exporter
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 05:20:13 PM »
+1
I conceive that a great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.

Offline grahaminator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »
+1

This would be so great, also add card counts for whole deck as well as the number after the card type like "Characters (20)"

I find it much easier to examine and talk about decks like this than looking through a picture based deck list like aletasarchive...if the creator of site that is reading this please please also include this in your deck links or make it a separate page link you can copy/past/click on which displays card list and maybe a single pic that updates whenever you mouseover a card like: http://www.mtgdecks.net/decks/view/56742

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 04:30:27 PM »
+1

In addition, I still think they should add a collection exporter.
Quote from: WWKnight
You are probably going to end up quoting me in your sig.  Everyone else already has.

Offline NikP1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:50 PM »
Also save the deck to a .txt file somewhere, so that you can view it outside of the game. Have an option in the game to automatically build the deck if someone shares it with you, marking it illegal if you don't have all of the cards.

Offline PianoHandsThePerson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 09:12:22 AM »
+1
Disclaimer: I find I often offend people on accident, if you are a victim of this, my apologies!

Offline Eccy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 09:15:31 AM »
+1