Author Topic: Hitori's Guide For the New Trader!  (Read 45755 times)

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
Re: Hitori's Guide For The New Trader!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 05:01:42 PM »
And if it wasn't clear, here's a more basic explanation, GI specific for you KVD:

-Orion is an amazing card, but rather easy to get as far as trade value goes, it's not a card that you'll need to give 2-3 rares for (like Paladin or Demon of Fear and the likes).

-Angelify is a great win condition that if played right wins you the game without the opponent having much to do about it, still, it's a rather easy to get rare that comes with the faction's starter deck.

-Shield Generator and Lanstead are two great cards, but so far as I'm aware of they were not from the super rare cards within RISE, anyone that has bought a decent amount of pre-orders have a few of these to spare it seems.

If you value a card for its play value, but neglect to account for how hard or easy it is to get, you're not doing a great job judging trade value. I would love to hear your feedback and perhaps change my list, it is not an absolute one.

Main reason why GI cards are less sought out is cause most people when presented a faction to choose most were decided to go FD, especially since once they finished their tutorial the 75% off Collector Pack contains a FD Firestarter which promoted this heavily.
Not to mention if you ask the general public FD is the easiest to get the grasp of the game with.

Orion is in huge amount cause of the lower GI players in comparison also the fact that KS/IGG backers got him as part of a reward.

Also I would prefer not to sticky this as trading is always subjective and its mostly based on people demand and current Meta.
ie. GI might be more popular now given how Resolute Knight and Infected Monks have multiple lives and retain their stats.

I wouldn't mind sticking a guide if you would like to talk about the difference between Plat, Foil and Gold, works even though this could possibly change in the future.

Offline TimetoSplit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 07:56:12 PM »
Hitori, this is awesome, but one thing:
You should have asterisk'ed or bolded the super-top tier cards (Calamity and Paladin) since they should basically be on the "God Tier" level.

Top Tier Epics -

The Calamity
Subjugated Dragon
Mega Unit 02
Hunted Dragon
Patient Zero
Nysrugh, the Hungry

Top Tier Rares -

Paladin of the Flame Dawn
Demon of Fear
Mass Death
Inter-Dimensional Phase Bot
Devil of Despair

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 10:25:59 PM »
Not a bad idea, I may do such a thing indeed :)
I conceive that a great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.

Offline gpt999

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 11:11:51 PM »
I can't agree too much with your listing of tier list, heres why:

Top Tier Legendaries -

Evellee, Mage Guild Recruiter * Clear top tier, nothing wrong here
Martyr Golem                          * not only is it a rarely played card, its also oversaturated due to the kick starter spam giving this card.
Tygris the Architect
Princess Hinekri

-

Middle Tier Legendaries -

Agent Coyle, Mechborn
Firestarter  * even tough firestarter is a bit easier to come back, the strength of the card still make it borderline top tier, the only thing not putting it over the other top tiers is the rarity of the the legends in rise.

-

Bottom Tier Legendaries -

Agent Coyle, Immovable
Agent Coyle, Primal Hunter

-

Top Tier Epics -

The Calamity * This is a legend, its value also droped hard with its cost nerf and rise meta nerfing it hard.
Subjugated Dragon
Mega Unit 02 * rather popular atm, so it fit there, just lower in the top tier list, won't stay top tier for long once players got proper decks tough.
Hunted Dragon
Patient Zero * only needing one combined with being a core epic, while being oversaturated from the other kickstarter make this a rather common epic, its strenght should still keep it to mid tier tough.
Nysrugh, the Hungry

-

Middle Tier Epics -

Dark Wish
Demon of Gluttony * now is much weaker then he used to be, prob fit at the bottom of the middle tier.
Aberion, the Hammer of Dawn * he fit here now, but once peps start learning to use the new hastes, hes gonna go up to top tier.
Bloodbath
Mega Unit 01
Ju-Lin, Who Rewrites History

-

Bottom Tier Epics -

Call the Warpath
Hidden By Clouds * incredibly strong card, only cheapened by the fact players only need one of them, should be mid tier.
The Dragon Project
Dragon of Summer Flame
Ao Shun, Dragon of Wisdom * in term of avaibility, this is the rarest epic in the game (acording to an old research. Exeprience show it also is incredibly rare.), its only weakened by poor popularity due to the dificulty of using him, nevertheless, it should be mid tier.
Shrine to the Heavens * mid tier, not many players look for that card, but those who do are willing to pay the good price.
The Virus of Avarrach

-

Top Tier Rares -

Demon of Fear
Mass Death
Paladin of the Flame Dawn
Inter-Dimensional Phase Bot
Devil of Despair * I would prob put this mid tier, I have yet to see somebody look for this card, but its strength is clear nonetheless.

-

Middle Tier Rares -

Radariah, the Untouchable
Jubalia, the Messenger
Aleta, the Immortal Traveler
Deflect * This card is pure amazing, won't be long until its top tier, its price is only weakened by players not realising its power yet.
Orion, Master Architect
Angelify
Unstable Bomb-bot
Lanstead
Shield Generator
Kali, the Flaming Blade
Aberion's Banner * One of the favorit cards of the qa players, that one is easily top tier.
Protector of the Dawn
Mark 1 'Brimstone' Battle Tank * easily bottom tier, nobody want it, its weak, and its dosn't fit any playstyles.
Daode, Sage of Strength
Yuanshi, Sage of Ferocity
Heaven's Bell
Skraar * was top tier before rise, now its stronger then before.
Never Forget the Fallen
Grotesque Brute
Lethargy Stone * one of the op cards, easy top.
Sinister Corruption  lethargy's sister, easy top again.
Aleta, Immortal Sufferer
Raise Dead * some would consider it top tier, I would consider it mid, Not much demand for it right now, but might soon be.
Tome of the Dead
Undisturbed Necropolis
Cresill the Mad
Dehumanize

-

Bottom Tier Rares -

Shikana, Who Demands Tribute * A bit of an under estimated card, incredebly strong, but nobody plays it, so sadly, it fit in bottom tier for trade power, could change one day tough.
Varyus, Master of Choice * Once eve is fixed, and peoples master its combos, this is gonna be a strong pick in mid tier.
Aleta, Immortal Caretaker * One of the most looked after aleta, it may have droped a bit with rise, but its still should be in mid.
Sydern * Wait till peoples learn how to use it, only got a lower value due to being given in a  quest, will go higher later.
Matriarch
Untapped Wilderness
Ancient Egg
Aleta, Immortal Tinkerer * Once again one of the better aleta, mid tier.
Aleta, Immortal Sorceress
Rita, Shadow Priestess * This is a bit stronger now that sacrifice decks can be made, time will tell if this should move to mid tier.
The Hellmouth
Bromich, Field Commander
Pyr, Fortress of the Flame Dawn
Gao Han, the Stalwart
Lingbao, Sage of Discipline
Jialan, Guardian of Life
Great Wall of Jinhai
Hehkeem, the Corrupted
Chalice of Madness * This is probably gonna be top tier once the 3rd set is out, but for now, its a bit too hard to use, so it fit here.
IGN: Darkname

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 11:29:44 PM »
Firestarter  * even tough firestarter is a bit easier to come back, the strength of the card still make it borderline top tier, the only thing not putting it over the other top tiers is the rarity of the the legends in rise.

Due to how easy it is to get, I consider him only mid-tier.

The Calamity * This is a legend, its value also droped hard with its cost nerf and rise meta nerfing it hard.

This is an Epic card, not a Legendary.
The value of it did not drop much in my opinion, and once the dust settles down I expect it to retain it's previous value (although slightly less due to the new cards introduced).

Demon of Gluttony * now is much weaker then he used to be, prob fit at the bottom of the middle tier.

Possibly, but I did not sort them by how valuable they are inside the tier-listing.

Hidden By Clouds * incredibly strong card, only cheapened by the fact players only need one of them, should be mid tier.

Still a pretty bad card in my opinion, it is easily removable with Assassinate, Called Shot (not to mention Verore or FD control spells)

Ao Shun, Dragon of Wisdom * in term of avaibility, this is the rarest epic in the game (acording to an old research. Exeprience show it also is incredibly rare.), its only weakened by poor popularity due to the dificulty of using him, nevertheless, it should be mid tier.

Show me that research, I'm sure it is either very old or simply wrong.
Easy card to get a hold of.

Shrine to the Heavens * mid tier, not many players look for that card, but those who do are willing to pay the good price.

It's a decent card, and not too easy to get, but it requires your deck to be built around it to be anywhere near viable, and these decks are relatively exposed to risks. It's not that the card itself is bad, it's that the deck you build around is usually not that strong.

Devil of Despair * I would prob put this mid tier, I have yet to see somebody look for this card, but its strength is clear nonetheless.

I feel like once everything about RISE clears out, this card will have some important role in the meta game. If not now, I'm sure it will retain its value in the long haul once we see more Exiles cards.

Aberion's Banner * One of the favorit cards of the qa players, that one is easily top tier.

This card is amazing, but just like Shrine it demands a specific build to be utilized. I have yet faced a deck that makes me scared of this card (a deck can be scary and still use this card, but it doesn't make this card the strong bit about that deck).

-------------

I won't go on with this quoting thing, but I see some valid points you raised and will consider them :)
Thanks for the feedback!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:32:06 PM by Hitori »
I conceive that a great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.

Offline gpt999

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2013, 12:44:49 AM »
uh, TIL calamity actually is an epic, my bad on that, it should stay top tier for epics then, just not top of the top.

Possibly, but I did not sort them by how valuable they are inside the tier-listing.

Well value and strength tend to correlate with each others, there is other factors, but glutony was valued due to a semi popular combo that only worked before the rise patch, it now only has the option to drop in value, and quite hard.

Its closed beta old, so ye, really old. The only reason its not too hard to trade for is because most players only want 1 of it, but if you look at each individual card of a player's card pool during a trade, wisdom is easily one of the rarest card.

It's a decent card, and not too easy to get, but it requires your deck to be built around it to be anywhere near viable, and these decks are relatively exposed to risks. It's not that the card itself is bad, it's that the deck you build around is usually not that strong.

I'm probably the biggest shrine player, so its fair to say i'm biased, but the card is really strong, the rise patch for the most part made it weaker, but some cards also make it stronger, a meta shift would easily make it a highly sought after card, not the most sought after card, but it easily deserve to be put at mid.

I feel like once everything about RISE clears out, this card will have some important role in the meta game. If not now, I'm sure it will retain its value in the long haul once we see more Exiles cards.

I easily agree with you there, time will simply improve this card.

This card is amazing, but just like Shrine it demands a specific build to be utilized. I have yet faced a deck that makes me scared of this card

Its core on some haste decks, and haste deck will eventually become really popular once players realize how ridiculously strong they are. Its also ridiculously strong on an angel deck.

I won't go on with this quoting thing, but I see some valid points you raised and will consider them :)

WEEEE QUOTES! :D

Offline ikari

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 08:06:06 AM »
As long as there is no Auction House, this guide helps me a lot!!!

so we will just gather enough replays to keep this on the first page :)

Ikari
Yobo is modeled after me.

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 11:32:53 AM »
I'll take some suggestions soon enough and make rating of specific cards clearer.
Also might change the tiers of certain cards, though a Demon of Gluttony (for example) is still a hard to come by card - regardless of it's play value which is quite puffyty at the moment. As someone who personally wishes to have 5 of them and only has 1 (and can offer a few plat-rares/plat-epics) I consider it middle tier for that reason alone, but if you wish to actually play it....it sucks right now.

Offline PianoHandsThePerson

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 11:41:15 AM »
And Zin I had second thoughts regarding putting this list up there as well, as it may show more about my values than it would be helpful to newbies, but I decided I'll give it a go.

I can always delete this whole thing if people don't find it useful :)

Couldn't help myself ; )
Disclaimer: I find I often offend people on accident, if you are a victim of this, my apologies!

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »
Kira ftw.

Offline gpt999

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 01:09:40 PM »
I'll take some suggestions soon enough and make rating of specific cards clearer.
Also might change the tiers of certain cards, though a Demon of Gluttony (for example) is still a hard to come by card - regardless of it's play value which is quite puffyty at the moment. As someone who personally wishes to have 5 of them and only has 1 (and can offer a few plat-rares/plat-epics) I consider it middle tier for that reason alone, but if you wish to actually play it....it sucks right now.

I think I got an extra one to trade, shoot me a whisper next time you see me ingame!

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 08:51:46 PM »
As long as there is no Auction House, this guide helps me a lot!!!

so we will just gather enough replays to keep this on the first page :)

Ikari

Teremus has confirmed there will be a Auction House in the future.

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2013, 09:01:37 PM »
Guess it's time to rework this a bit.

Offline Erlaya

• Lightmare Support
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2013, 07:04:06 AM »
Seeing the changes in value within tiers makes me agree quite a bit with your initial findings.

I guess the only difference I can see at a glance is Mass Death is in my mind a higher valued card than Demon of Fear but I guess not quite as valued as Phase Bot or Paladin. So 2.5 stars? :P

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2013, 07:47:01 AM »
Kira ftw.
Pretty sure that guy was a Kira Follower. But I guess that still equates to Kira ftw, except that he didn't. (Lol Spoilers)
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.