Author Topic: Fan Lore Faction  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
Fan Lore Faction
« on: August 13, 2013, 06:14:48 AM »
I enjoyed making the last one so much that I decided to make another. Hope you guys enjoy it.

When the calamity struck, an infinite number of planets were ravaged, but perhaps none felt the devastation quite like Sangrimae. For millions of years, the residents of Sangrimae lived not with fear of death but instead with reverence. To them, death was an end, not to life, but to the guilt, pain, and illness built up over the years of living. Perhaps most importantly, death was not permanent. Since beyond recorded history, the inhabitants of Sangrimae possessed a gift said to have been bestowed upon them by their god, Grixael, the god of blood and life and the only deity worshiped on Sangrimae. Because of her gift, the humans in the world had the ability to cry tears of blood, able to restore life to the deceased, keeping all of their memory, but leaving behind all guilt and shame. As such, hatred is nearly unheard of on this world, as any bad blood is one "generation" away from being wiped clean. As an added side effect, the only people who ever truly died were those who nobody loved, for they had no-one to perform the ritual for them. As such, family bonds were extremely important and a structural foundation to their society.

Because of this, it comes as no surprise that society feared and hated one referred to as Aleta, the Deathless. As the title implies, Aleta never died and yet never did she harbor hatred towards others. She had no loved ones to speak of, no history of note, but she never died and never needed to. It is only natural that every generation grew envious of her over time, and envy always turned to hatred. There was only a small group who found it in themselves to love Aleta in spite of her immortality and that was a group of people known as the "Loveless," outcasts of society for whom nobody would perform the ritual of resurrection. Nobody, that is, except for Aleta, who would accept even those she had never met. She cherished the Loveless and they, in return, cherished her and each other. An extended family of outcasts and misfits who put their old life behind them upon being reborn into the Loveless family. (if memory serves, one of said family went by the name of Yobo)

It didn't matter what family you belonged to though, no one was safe from the calamity. It didn't kill anyone, they simply ceased to exist. Vanished into thin air. The physical damage was severe, of course, but the loss of irrecoverable life of those who were loved was devastating. A feeling never before felt on the world of Sangrimae. The dust had not even settled before fingers started being pointed and of course the Loveless were the recipient of many such accusations. War was inevitable and the world of Sangrimae was about to enter a new era of eternal bloodshed.

We have not received any info on the back-story of Yobo, so I figured I'd write him into this fan lore since he fit in quite nicely. I can remove him if cannon lore is release that contradicts this but I intentionally kept his part limited so it can be shaped around cannon if needed. (there is a notable lack of information here on what happened to him during the calamity or where he is when it ends)
Quote from: WWKnight
You are probably going to end up quoting me in your sig.  Everyone else already has.

Offline Hitori

• #YoboSwag
    • View Profile
Re: Fan Lore Faction
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 12:04:44 AM »
+!
I conceive that a great part of the miseries of mankind are brought upon them by false estimates they have made of the value of things.

Offline scoobyfred27

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 12:56:38 AM »
Quote from: Teremus
Puffy actually made Infinity Wars by himself.

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 03:56:46 AM »
Glad you liked it. 8)

If this actually was considered for introduction to cannon I have a mechanic in mind as well.

Tears of Blood: Exhaust, pay X and resurrect target creature in your graveyard to the defense zone. X is the cost of the creature. This creature is exhausted at the start of the next turn.
or
Brothers in Arms X: Adjacent creatures gain +X/+X where X is the value of the ability.

Either of these would match well with the theme and be able to be balanced. The first is slightly harder to balance but fits the theme much more closely. The second is much easier to balance but isn't quite as lore heavy.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 04:07:44 AM by Kilroy512 »
Quote from: WWKnight
You are probably going to end up quoting me in your sig.  Everyone else already has.