Author Topic: Infected Pack Leader  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Soubi

• View Profile
Re: Infected Pack Leader
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 04:03:25 AM »
I agree with Kilroy's point about that bar. My experience with this game comes from just playing SolForge on Steam. As far as I can tell with their model the only way to get their ingame currency was your first win of the day or playing three matches, maybe both together I'm still not really sure but after that you do not get anything from your matches. It basically encourages you to log in once a day get your 3 games in then what's the point, log off. So maybe you get to open a booster every day or two. Not a good model. If someone has the day off and wants to play all day and get 3 or 4 boosters why limit and punish them?

The common argument to this is why not just play the game to play the game and have fun.

This isn't really a valid argument, if anything it's only partially valid. It uses the old world logic of physical TCGs being played at home with friends or at your corner game shop. But this is the new world of digital card games. Yes it's a card game and you should play it to have fun but it also exists in the digital medium, it's a video game, and in video games you need to reward your player, give them progress, something to strive for. If your only idea of fun is getting the highest win:loss ratio like the FPS kill:death ratio that's fine, that's what ranked play is for, but in the FPS example you're still gaining experience and unlocking new weapons and equipment.

Before I go too far off my original point, I hated that limiting factor. As was mentioned many games do this now. They limit how much ingame currency you can acquire or give you stamina bars that depletes with every match that you play. So when I logged into Infinity Wars and saw that I had earned 100 currency of my 1,000 max or whatever it was I cringed internally. If not for the fact that IW looks to me personally like the best game of the 6 new OTCGs either out or in development now, and being so enraptured by a developer battle video I saw on YouTube I would have turned away immediately. The fact that I still play now is that I love the factions, the look of the game, and the possibilities of this world of infinite war.

I have dropped $25 on the game as I love to support indie developers and games that capture my attention. I plan on spending some amount of money every time there is a new expansion, but I would also like to acquire packs the other way promised, by playing the game. And while the bar/message is a rather daunting obstacle to that fact rather perceived or real, it doesn't change the fact that it is still there. One can not count on new players and thus new customers to feel the same love for this game that I had for it when I first started.
MARK THIS DAY ON YOUR CALENDER!

For today, one of my threads was resurrected!

I could die right now with no regrets. Soubi, you are my hero. 8)

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2013, 04:16:27 AM »

Quote from: WWKnight
You are probably going to end up quoting me in your sig.  Everyone else already has.

Offline Soubi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2013, 04:56:05 AM »
Consider it marked.

Also awesome job with all of the fanfic lore you've done. It has inspired me to perhaps write a chapter of my own. However I am awaiting the day that IW releases copious amounts of official lore with rabid anticipation. I personally have hope that they try to publish a novel in their IW universe, if not a physical book even a self pub on Amazon or Nook would make me squeal with sheer delight.

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2013, 05:00:34 AM »
Consider it marked.

Also awesome job with all of the fanfic lore you've done. It has inspired me to perhaps write a chapter of my own. However I am awaiting the day that IW releases copious amounts of official lore with rabid anticipation. I personally have hope that they try to publish a novel in their IW universe, if not a physical book even a self pub on Amazon or Nook would make me squeal with sheer delight.

You don't know how much it means to me to hear that. Thank you. :'(
You are probably going to end up quoting me in your sig.  Everyone else already has.

Offline Soubi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2013, 05:27:02 AM »
Well it's your fault that tonight instead of playing IW when I get home, I'll be trying to find a card list online so that I can read each card's flavor text. I hope you plan on taking responsibility for this.

Offline Kilroy512

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2013, 05:33:23 AM »
No way, it's Teremus' fault. 8)

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2013, 02:21:37 PM »
You should hear about the Alpha Pack leader. The first set of infected Pack Leader were so strong their were invincible and could not be destroyed by spells or combat.