Author Topic: What to do against FD (Rush)?  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Oraanu

• View Profile
Re: What to do against FD (Rush)?
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 05:01:10 PM »
Back to topic pls

Unstable Bomb, i tried it out in some games. But a problem is about intiative. Without having initiative the bomb can get stumbled or destroyed without exploding.

DoD have Invincible Defender, but FD has his Knight which just kills my Defender. I cant build up a defense. And Defender just deals one damage, so Knight has still 3 Life to survive a Wrath.
Is it just necessary to have verore in?

Offline moominpeter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 08:33:46 PM »
Right now, you can't build a top tier deck without using FD or CoV.

If all you want your deck to do is beat rushes, you can probably play DoDx2 + GI, with Daode, Yuanshi, and Secluded Constructor as commanders. Just use Invincible Defenders + Jinhai Militia to slow the rush down. Once you have a critical mass of resources start busting your opponent with Daode + Yuanshi. Also, try playing down an Invincible Defender and buffing it with SC in the same round so that it can't be stumbled before having the chance to kill a bunch of enemies while blocking.

Another tip--If your starting hand doesn't have the cards you need to beat a rush, and you see FD across the way, use the Trading Post to toss your hand back and get a new one. The Trading Post is your friend, and is the difference between a good player and a great player.

And one more--Try playing rush for a while and seeing what beats you. This is how I first learned to beat rush decks.

Offline duds7317

• True art is what I seek, ignorance is all I find
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 10:05:28 PM »

If all you want your deck to do is beat rushes, you can probably play DoDx2 + GI, with Daode, Yuanshi, and Secluded Constructor as commanders. Just use Invincible Defenders + Jinhai Militia to slow the rush down. Once you have a critical mass of resources start busting your opponent with Daode + Yuanshi. Also, try playing down an Invincible Defender and buffing it with SC in the same round so that it can't be stumbled before having the chance to kill a bunch of enemies while blocking.

Another tip--If your starting hand doesn't have the cards you need to beat a rush, and you see FD across the way, use the Trading Post to toss your hand back and get a new one. The Trading Post is your friend, and is the difference between a good player and a great player.

And one more--Try playing rush for a while and seeing what beats you. This is how I first learned to beat rush decks.

Like I always say the best way to learn is to lose.
Do you have the courage to be a perv?

Offline k4ir0s

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 11:11:34 PM »
nice post, moomin
"I would be very upset if there was some nerf to the deck that made it go from my current record of 108-2 and instead was 2-108" -Erlaya

Offline Zinqf

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 05:18:21 AM »
I run one of those annoying 2FD 1VER decks. The most challenging for me is if the game get longer than 8-9 turns or if the opponent deck has card to heal his fortress /the green one for 15 hp/ or the Ver ones to annihilate the whole combat zone or the defense one/you take 0 dmg this round and the opponent loses 1hp per attack unit - really frustrating card/. Also good counter is the Wall that allowed only 1 attack per turn. Generally the longer the game goes, the harder is for me personally to win. All tho i don't have any expensive cards like golems, paladins, kali, general etc i still manage to be quite annoying :)

PS. Sorry i don't remember most of the card names :)
Basically, a player needs to run double Verore with DoD and use cards from RISE. Until then, you are generally screwed. I built a warpath deck that hits really fast, but its interestingly countered by flame dawn control spells which don't even slow down the assault or Verore control spells which at this moment don't have any counter till RISE.
This is true right now until we get more RISE cards.
but since you mention it; bad players often do play cheese decks. Why would good players use them? lol
Truthfully, smart players use high percentage low risk decks because it is a safe option, not because they are "bad players". Good players also try to use a large array of different decks to further understand them and hopefully engineer a new meta with it. But when it comes back to the playing games when they count, the smart player will drop back to what works. And right now that's DoD/2CV, FD/2CV and 2FD/CV.
Fact - 42.3% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Offline TimetoSplit

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 12:33:31 PM »
Is the meta really that simple?  What about all the other decks?  GI-Paladin and Reanimator (yes I know it's not tourney legal, but still) seem really strong, to name a few.  I've become attached to one of my custom decks myself that does fairly very vs. two of the "top decks" - DoD/2CV and 2FD/CV (although 2CV/FD gives me trouble - hard to win as an aggro-control deck when facing playsets of Exhaust, Stumble, and 5x Demon of Fear).