Author Topic: This was my tournament deck  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Coolcor

• View Profile
This was my tournament deck
« on: July 08, 2013, 01:59:41 AM »
This with the rise cards taken out are what I used in the tournament. It wins most of the time in random matches but I lost first round so I'm not sure if it can do well against other strong decks.

Aleta's Archive - Deck

+ 2 dark blast.

Might as well play with the rise cards now that the tournament is over. Any suggestions to make it better? Should I cut down to 40 cards? Should I ditch one of the factions for 2 purity cards?

Offline Kira

• View Profile
Re: This was my tournament deck
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 06:35:04 AM »
Do you have any mass death or firestarters?
Scooby stop trolling Kira in the forums.  If you have a problem with how he converses with other people take it up with him in a PM.

Offline grahaminator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 06:46:22 AM »
I think you deck is too top heavy and you don't have enough cheap characters. If I were to try and make a 3 factions deck with your factions and cards I would run something closer to this:

Commanders:
Candit, Head Researcher
Knight of the Flame Dawn (could be Kali but it is a guaranteed 2nd turn play)
Daode, Sage of Strength

Characters (30):
2 Martyr Golem
1 Yobo, Who Nobody Likes
3 Demon of Fear
3 Ghost of the Ancestors
1 Daode, Sage of Strength
1 Yuanshi, Sage of Ferocity
2 Aerial Commander
7 Flame Dawn Aspirant
3 Flame Dawn Footman
3 Knight of the Flame Dawn
2 Kali, the Flaming Blade
2 Sacullas, the Final Hammer

Abilities (16):
2 Assassinate
3 Death Ray
3 Lightning Blast
2 Daode's Protection
3 Yuanshi's Wrath
3 Stumble

I made it and played around 10 games, didn't lose one but I didn't play against anyone I had played with previously. You could cut some cards but I rarely find it necessary to run 40. If you can fit an Aleta in go for it but I think its pretty expensive to use in such a resource expensive deck...each turn I am using up most if not all of my resources already. I don't care for using Calamity/Winds of War in slower aggro decks like this, nor would I use Dark Blast but if I had to chose between those abilities I would try a single Dark Blast.

Offline Coolcor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 05:23:01 AM »
Do you have any mass death or firestarters?

Yes and I have made decks that use them. Once I finally got a Daode and tried him I really liked how he could work with the flamedawn creatures but didn't want to give up death ray and demon of fear for firestarter so I liked the 3 faction deck most at the time of the tournament.

I lost to a bad bot buffed firestarter though so I guess he wanted to show me he was better after all. :o

Thanks for the deck list and testing it grahaminator I'll try out something like that. I know Aleta has been hard to find the resources for but I wanted to keep using her while she is still backer exclusive. I'm not sure I can give up the 2 dark blasts though they just seem to good at winning so far!