Author Topic: How much are you willing to pay?  (Read 1835 times)

WWKnight

How much are you willing to pay?
« on: November 19, 2012, 01:10:49 PM »
Originally posted by Koey on the steam greenlight forums.  (If you havent already done so, go vote!  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105974257)

How much are you willing to Pay?
Since the game is F2P, it is no doubt that there would be a lot of people playing and never paying a cent which is fine.

Like a lot of games out there F2P models usually have some kind of one time starter pack which you could purchase as a sign of supporting the game.

I am interested in how much people are willing to pay and what to see in it.

NOTE the following ideas are used to generate and hope Lightmare can see and cater for those when the game gets Greenlit. None of numbers or reward are true but are purely suggestions to get reader feedback.

The following packs are one time purchases like those from Gotham Imposters. Which would you most likely be interested by and for what price?

Follower $10-12:
1 x Super Booster Starter Deck
1 x Super Booster Pack
Follower Avatar

Adept $20-$30:
Follower + Adpet Avatar
2 x Super Booster Starter Deck
2 x Super Booster Pack
1-2 Bonus cards specific to Adept

Apprentice $35-$50
Follower + Adept + Apprentice Avatar
4 xSuper Booster Starter Deck
1 Set of specific Specific Rares
1-2 Bonus Cards from Adept
2-3 x Super Booster Pack.

Expected Retail Value of Items if bought in single
$10 Super Booster Starter Deck
$5 Super Booster Cards - (12-16 cards 1 guarantee rare)
(Normal Booster bought with ingame currency has 3-5 no guarantee rares)

Offline Synnym

• View Profile
Re: How much are you willing to pay?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 01:29:49 PM »
WE WANT TO PAY OVER 9000!!! ... Lats! (latvian currency, about 17 dollars :p)

I know that kickstarter offers it, but what about a pre-purchase offer for when kickstarter countdown is over?
Ive seen in a lot of collectible games where you can buy big bundles for discounted price, some even stating you are guranteed to get 90% of the cards/figures/whatever. im talking 10,20,50,100 booster bundles.
Tho thats those big tcg's and collectible miniatures, im not sure if that'll work with this. I might be tempted even with my pledge :p
Also, that Carebear list said something about card skins, how 'bout including a random skin or two for each super booster? myes myes? :3
Im thinking common cards have recolors, uncommon recolors and minor details changed (fancier equipment, extra details on background, EXTRA DRAGONS) rares new and more epic position of characters, and up you make a new interpretation of the artwork?
That IS a big mouthful for the artists and the one who pay them, but im just laying it out there ^^

WWKnight

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 01:40:20 PM »
As you pointed out, that would be a MASSIVE undertaking for the art staff.  I dont think microtranscations would cover the cost involved, at least not until the playerbase reaches a few hundred thousand.

I could certainly get behind the idea of starter bundles.  Probably not whole sets.  Takes away the aspect of a collectable card game, and would also affect the secondary market value of cards.

I would be happy to designate $40 a month to the game if it ends up being as amazing as I think it will.  Its the same budget I had when I played Magic every Friday night at FNM.  I am unable to play Magic at the moment due to my location, so I have no problems of redirecting those funds to Lightmare!

Offline Synnym

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 01:55:43 PM »
I should have stated its more like a nerdy dream, really .p
Heres to hopin' they get that far! :3
... i wonder how much a 'epic' card artwork costs.

NEW KICKSTARTER PROJECT: skins for cards! XD

Offline Ingram IronFist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 08:36:59 PM »
I think the 3 packs listed up top are all good ideas.  I personal would recommend keeping them as cheep as possible without stuffing up how much in game currency is worth. As 1 off starter packs making them ridiculously cheep would get people in and hooked quicker tho so my vote is to have them so you can only buy one or upgrade the one you did by to a higher one but keep the cost down really low.

Offline Koey

• The one trapped in the Hamster ball.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 09:12:09 PM »
I think the 3 packs listed up top are all good ideas.  I personal would recommend keeping them as cheep as possible without stuffing up how much in game currency is worth. As 1 off starter packs making them ridiculously cheep would get people in and hooked quicker tho so my vote is to have them so you can only buy one or upgrade the one you did by to a higher one but keep the cost down really low.

Yup that is usually the idea, so when someone upgrades they will only pay the difference.

@All
Side note forgot to mention, in addition to the Super Booster Pack.
I have suggested to Lightmare an addition of a faction collection pack. Basically its the same as a Super Booster Pack, there would be Normal Booster Equivalent. Where all the cards would be of the same faction with the same number of cards.

I feel like that could be priced around $7-8 to promote that addition money so people can gain same faction cards.