In no particular order, just something that I have in my head long enough.1. Russian server.
I know, for most of the players it might have secondary importance but I can assure you that for those who chose that server to play Infinity Wars, these questions are more than urgent. They were promised quality game, regular updates, communication with developers, transfer from this server to the Russian at some point, maybe even possibility to play with people from this server in the distant future.
Lots of hype, lots of promises, lots of plans, this is how the launch of the Russian server looked like back in February, 2015.
What they get in reality? Lots of bugs, more than this server had despite the same version. Rare updates which didn't help much. Zero comments from developers or publisher. After 2-3 months after the launch updates were stopped completely. After about 6 months Russian server, forum, and site were closed without any prior warning or notification. Players who spent time and money on that server, and all people who in one way or another have tried to promote it, were left with nothing but guesses and bewilderment. No game, no server, no explanations, time and money are lost. And now my questions:
2. Updates' quality.
- Who was responsible for creation and deployment of any updates for the Russian server?
- Why this process was completely stopped at Spring, 2015?
- Any chances or plans to transfer accounts from the closed server to this one in order to compensate players their losses?
- What will happen with the translation? Will it be updated in the future by LM, could it be given to fans as it was mentioned before the deal with Fabrika? Or we can just forget about it and have no hope to see Russian language in the game in the reasonably near future?
Even before the official release of the game we were promised that after the release updates' quality will be much better. Later similar promise was given again - updates will get much better testing, amount of the new bugs will be minimal, and overall quality of the game will be in the priority. Despite these promises every new patch brings new problems which exist for the significant amount of time after that.
3. Amount of information about development of the game.
- Why, despite all the promises, updates' quality not getting any better? I'm not talking about the game as a whole, we can see improvements here and there and IW slowly become better. I'm talking about the fact that every new patch in particular has such a low quality that it needs new patches just to fix what was broken. Why is this still happening again and again?
In the last couple of months the amount of information about the game was minimal. Players had no additional info except patch notes. Mostly it could be explained by the CM's sickness and his natural desire to change his life style. My question isn't "why is Teremus not write on the forums as much as before?"
4. Referral system and new reward system.
- My question is: what LM plan to do with the fact that the amount of information about the game development was almost non-existent in the last months?
- Will it be the new format, where players can only have patch notes and nothing else?
- Will we see a new or an additional community manager?
Both can be exploited. Both already exploited, and people are saying about it without any shame or fear of whatever else they might feel for "cheating the system".
- What the thought process behind the creation of these systems? Why they were created like that?
- If the previous system, Master & Apprentice, was closed because it had unhealthy effect on the game, and also was open for exploits, why both of the new systems have similar problems?
- Do devs think that the current iteration of these systems has more positive effects on the game than negative, if any negative effects are exist in their opinion?
- At what point harmless desire to have a smurf for a personal use becomes a violation of the game's rules for using lots of smurfs to generate an addition income from the exploitable systems?
I will be clear - I'm not interested to read comments from other players. Not because I don't think they can be valuable, no. But I spent enough time on the forums of the game and in the game itself to be sure that the players, even veterans, can't tell me anything new, and I'm not interested to read the same explanations which I already saw multiple times before. I want to read concrete answers on concrete questions that grow in my head for a long time. And I want to read these answers from people who are responsible for the fact that those questions started to appear in my head in the first place.
Cheers, and sorry for another wall of text with lots of mistakes.